12 August 2015

A wondering blogger am I.....

So, while I'm waiting for the window man, I thought I'd update on my updating....... my website is still down whilst I and my IT advisor friend get frustrated at not being able to load new software onto the server.  Stay tuned for more info.

In the meantime I'm looking at my Webbs and wondering "...why did I do that?" on a number of occasions.  For instance, why would I note that William Rowlinson, and his widowed mother, lived in Cambridge in 1911 but not put in William's wife?   

Or the puzzle of John Henry Lowton....... born in Dry Drayton in 1862 to John & Fanny Elizabeth....and attached to John and a hypothetical (ie not yet found) wife.  I have now found a wife for John - Frances, which is close enough to Fanny, but they married in 1864.  Now, I'm not that naive but their marriage took place in St Pancras.  And they lived in St Pancras.  And she was born in Suffolk.  There is not one shred of evidence that would suggest a pre-marital trip to John's childhood home.  In the end, loath as I am to do it, I may have to delete young John Henry - if only to stop my brain going round and round in circles.

And finally, why did I spend hours (literally) looking for Flora Loughton without realising that she was actually Florence??

Scary, ain't it.

More soon.

No comments: