21 June 2015

Confusing my Thomases.....

So there I was, just checking through my Kemptons and I found a Thomas identified, in his marriage report in the paper, as 'son of John, of Ely'. Regular readers of this nonsense will realise that I'm about to say 'but I already have a Thomas son of John'.....

Had I got them the wrong way round? 
Well, further clues seemed to support this possibility: when he died his will was probated by Frederick Helmore Kempton,  who really was a son of John. 

So I've just spent a 'few' minutes swapping Thomas, son of George, for Thomas, son of John!  Complicated but, whilst I'm cross that I got them wrong, I'm pleased that they're now in the right place. 

Probably......

More soon. 

2 comments:

Jana Iverson Last said...

Jane,

I want to let you know that your blog is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2015/07/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-july-3-2015.html

Have a wonderful weekend!

pengen said...

Thanks v much!

Good weekend to you too.

��